Publisher of eLearning courses
Our small UK team, based in Brighton, has over 12 years' experience in creating innovative eLearning courses. We bring a wealth of skills and expertise to projects including:
- Educational Psychology
- Project Management
- Content Writing
- Web Development
- Graphic Design
In the Spring, we celebrated our 100,000th course participant!
We have always made a commitment to developing free, open-access resources to benefit a wide audience. Following a meeting with UNESCO to discuss how we might support their Education for All goals, we’re researching the viability of producing a free mobile app on general teaching skills for teachers in developing countries.
A word from the Directors of OLT
“Participants explore evidence-based, practical strategies for including all learners, which they can use immediately.
“Our unique approach to courses combines stimulating visuals with interactivity and humour.
“Built in evaluation demonstrates impact on both teacher expertise, and learner outcomes.
What we do
Make and publish
We make and publish eLearning courses aimed at teachers and teaching assistants. They benefit others, too e.g. specialist advisory and support staff, health professionals and parents.
Our courses are:
- User-friendly and engaging
- Expert and current
Why we do it
To meet the need for timely training when a teaching professional needs specialist knowledge to understand and support learners, particularly those with special educational needs
- So that training can be delivered in context – to be effective, training needs to be directly relevant to the workplace, and delivered and supported in that context
- So that consistent training can be delivered to small or large numbers of participants, whole-school or cross-school, including geographically dispersed – OLT is used to reach teachers in all parts of Australia – metropolitan, rural and remote
- To provide a cost-effective solution – for one subscribing organisation last year, the proportion of the licence cost per participant was £22
Making a difference
Improved learner outcomes
Clients use our own LMS for management information. Pre and post-course evaluations and Goal Attainment Scaling enable our clients to evaluate the effectiveness of the courses they deliver.
Feedback from participants’ evaluation is consistently excellent.
The courses help schools to upskill their staff to meet the needs of learners with special educational needs. In the UK, Ofsted requires that all children make good progress. All staff at Christ the Saviour Primary School (800 pupils) took part in courses in a whole-school approach and Denise Steadman, Inclusion Leader, talks about the impact in this short video below.
OLT courses are mentioned specifically in a report, commissioned by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training, on the impact of training carried out in support of their More Support for Students with Disabilities Initiative.
“The OnLineTraining Ltd (OLT) modules for special education needs have been universally well received. These provide a model of what is possible to achieve in accommodating diverse structures for schooling across state, regional and local contexts...”
Case Study 1, Evaluation of the More Support for Students with Disabilities Initiative 2012-2014, Phillips KPA June 2015, page 63.
Who we work with
Based in the United Kingdom
Based in Australia
How we do it
- Learning Management System (LMS) – lead and facilitator administration is via our sophisticated, yet simple to use, LMS, which includes usage and evaluation data. The LMS can be tailored to meet specific needs
- Responsiveness – we aim to respond to queries and implement changes within 24 hours, but most of the time we turn things around much faster
- Facilitator training – we provide training for those in an organisation who’ve been identified as facilitators. Where an organisation has limited capacity to facilitate cohorts, we have a team of associate tutors who can fulfil this role
- We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office
- Our servers are protected by anti-injection software
- No personal information, e.g. date of birth or address, is held
- No information is shared with any third parties
Platform and server information:
- Built entirely with RAID 10-protected, data-centre-grade SSDs
- Powerful Intel® Xeon® processors
- 40 Gigabits per second of highly available network throughput
- Load balancers
- 24/7 system monitoring with 100% uptime
- Video streaming provided by Vimeo®
The look and functionality of our courses and LMS are under constant evaluation – they will soon be 100% cross platform compatible, including iPad and Android tablet devices.