Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorders
- provide factual information about autistic spectrum disorders
- raise awareness of the behaviours which arise from these characteristics and their causes
- describe the assessment of individual needs arising from autistic spectrum disorders
- provide a basis for the assessment of the environment and its implications for learning
- introduce a range of strategies for meeting the needs of learners with autistic spectrum disorders
- provide an overview of a number of specific intervention packages
To view the site where the course is run, go to www.oltaustralia.net website.View sample pages Licensing options
Feedback from our participants
“I believe tutor led sessions are pivotal to effectively creating an engaging and collaborative learning environment. I have learned that there is a direct path from theoretical discussion to practical strategies.
Secondary Teacher, Tamworth, AUS | Jun 2015
“I am more aware of the needs of the ASD child. I am also more flexible with other children and have more tools to help them. By continuing to practice the strategies outlined in this PD I will improve my own practice and become a more effective classroom teacher as a result.
Teacher, Victoria, AUS | Mar 2015
“My practice has changed in relation to the focus on following up and rewarding regularly the desired behaviours. I have moved my recognition and reward system to a reward chart to help Oliver visually see his successes as well as hear the positve reinforcement.
Teacher, Queensland, AUS | May 2015