Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- provide factual information about autistic spectrum disorders
- define the distinguishing characteristics of autistic spectrum disorders
- describe the assessment of individual needs arising from autistic spectrum disorders
- provide a basis for the analysis of particular behaviours and their implications for learning
- provide a basis for the assessment of the environment and its implications for learning
- introduce a range of strategies for meeting the needs of learners with autistic spectrum disorders
- provide an overview of a number of specific intervention packages
To view the site where the course is run, go to www.oltuk.net website.View sample pages Licensing options
Feedback from our participants
“I am finding the course very interesting as it gives you a real insight of how an autistic child is feeling in every day situations. It is helping me support student in a more confident way and to have more empathy for him when he is having a bad day, and can't communicate to us.
Nursery Nurse, Luton, UK | Apr 2015
“I have used some strategies in class and have found saying a student's name to get them to work has really helped. Also I have improved my own teaching by ensuring that I give students longer thinking time and specifically asking if a student understands the task, thereby reducing anxiety.
Teacher, Old Heathfield, UK | Jun 2015
“This training has had a tremendous impact on my outcomes. I can identify and empathise with challenges ASD pupils exhibit and now after the training I am more equipped to support them better.
Learning Support Assistant, London, UK | May 2015