Understanding Dyslexia and Significant Difficulties in Reading
- place dyslexia in the context of significant difficulties in reading
- describe the main characteristics of dyslexia
- introduce a tiered approach to assessment
- describe ways to gather information about co-occurring difficulties
- introduce principles of intervention founded in research
- introduce practical strategies to support learning across the curriculum
To view the site where the course is run, go to www.oltaustralia.net website.View sample pages Licensing options
Feedback from our participants
“I discussed goals with the students and their parents, ensured children had 2 times during each day where they worked on their goals one-on-one or in a small group. After celebrating the meeting of the goal, the student was motivated to reach his next goal.
Teacher, Queensland, AUS | May 2015
“My target student has gone up 6 reading levels because of the specific reading goals aligned to him.
Teacher, Queensland, AUS | Mar 2015
“I have been reminded of the importance of daily practice, set routines and keeping tasks simple, to reduce confusions and possible distractions. The course has given me greater insight into reading difficulties and more able to inform parents about their child's reading development.
Teacher, Victoria, AUS | May 2015