Understanding Hearing Loss
- define what we mean by hearing loss and the terminology used in deafness
- explore the impact of a hearing loss on a student's academic and social development and communication
- outline why assessment is important and what information it can give us
- explain the importance of a whole school approach to supporting all students with hearing loss
- describe a range of teaching strategies to support learning across the curriculum
To view the site where the course is run, go to www.oltaustralia.net website.View sample pages Licensing options
Feedback from our participants
“This course has changed the way I support my students, teachers and school by understanding and identifying students who may have hearing loss and providing them with the appropriate resources to ensure they are achieving their learning goals.
Primary Teacher, New South Wales, AUS | Jun 2015
“ Giving one student his own seating position on the carpet really helped him to be able to see, hear and focus better on learning. I now use a multi sensory approach to learning and better understand the learning requirements of students with hearing impairment.
Teaching Assistant, Queensland, AUS | Mar 2015
“I am much more aware of how my teaching and communicating effects my students. I am aware of how best to ensure all of my students can understand instructions and information given and how to use the whole team around the student to ensure the best possible outcomes.
Primary School Teacher, Victoria, AUS | Jun 2015