Speech, Language and Communication Needs
- raise awareness of the incidence of difficulties in speech, language and communication
- provide a description of how language develops
- emphasise the impact of the language environment
- raise awareness of the range of difficulties that learners may experience
- raise awareness of the impact of these on both access to the curriculum and inclusion in the social environment
- describe informal assessments that can be easily carried out
- outline a range of strategies to help learners with SLCN
To view the site where the course is run, go to www.oltuk.net website.View sample pages Licensing options
Feedback from our participants
“The setting of these goals enabled me to focus on the areas in which the child needed support and to set aside time to work individually with him. I have used this in my practice with other children, identifying areas which need support and providing short one to one /small group sessions to address these.
Teaching Assistant, Gloucestershire, UK | May 2015
“My classroom practice, and that of my TA has become more effective. I have found the professional support and advice from the team, the forums and the group discussions with colleagues, useful and informative and will definitely be revisiting the course materials to support my practice.
Teacher, Gloucestershire, UK | Jan 2015
“This training has had a huge impact on how I communicate and teach learners with SLCN. I can identify individual learners needs and adapt lessons so that they can understand the tasks given to complete, feel confident in their own abilities and not be afraid to ask for help when needed.
Teaching Assistant, Gloucester, UK | Feb 2015