OLT respect your privacy and this document outlines our approach to compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and all other relevant data protection legislation.
Why we collect your personal information
To Register for a Webinar
When you register for a webinar, we need to collect personal information including:
- Your Name
- Role in purchase process
- Webinar questions
- How you heard about us
Using the above information, we might send you reminder information about an upcoming webinar and follow-up information about the webinar, including other webinars that may interest you.
To respond to a query
When you contact OLT with a query, we need to know your name, email address and query so that we can respond in an appropriate manner. This information allows us to understand your query and respond in a meaningful manner. All queries are dealt with by someone from OLT, and our guest webinar host if your query is related to their topic of practice. No third-party is involved. We will never pass on your details or use it for any other purpose than to respond to your query.
To Provide Services during a webinar
During the webinar we may collect information that you have submitted in the form of a question, poll results and surveys. This information is kept for the purposes of facilitating the webinar and for other post event activities outlined below.
Managing Your Personal Data
We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
- To provide you with and contact you with information about OLT courses and webinars.
- To contact you if required in connection with your enquiry or to respond to any communications you might send to us.
- OLT may also use any statements and testimonials collated from webinar surveys in webinar marketing activities for use on the OLT website, emails and social media marketing.
- OLT may also use anonymised aggregated data to publish research or for statistical purposes.
Security of information
We have technical and organisational measures in place to protect Personal Data from unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, change, disclosure, acquisition, or access. Personal Data are held securely using a range of security measures including restricted access through approvals and passwords.
Non-disclosure to third parties
We use your information only as set out in this Policy and will not sell, rent, or pass your information on to others for marketing purposes without your consent.
The accuracy of your information
While we endeavour to ensure that the information, we hold about you is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date, we shall assume that in the absence of evidence to the contrary, the information you provide us with is accurate. If you inform us, or we become aware, of any inaccuracies in the information it shall be promptly rectified by us. We do not retain any information about you which is out of date, or which is no longer required.
Data Storage and Retention
We will retain your personal information as needed to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information no longer than is necessary to comply with our business and legal obligations. Where we enter into a legal contract with you, we will hold your personal information for a period of seven years from the date of completion of this contract by reference to the statute of limitation for a legal claim under contract.
Your Data Rights
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us at: email@example.com
You have several rights under data-protection law in relation to how we use your personal information. You have the right, free of charge, to:
- Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format
- Rectify any inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- Withdraw your consent where we have relied upon your consent to process your information
- Erase the personal information we hold about you subject to certain exceptions
- If technically feasible, have your personal information transmitted to another data controller in a machine-readable format at your request
- Restrict processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Object to our use of your personal information for our legitimate interests, for profiling and for direct marketing purposes
- Not be subject to a decision which is based solely on automated processing where that decision produces a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you. We do not make automated decisions of this nature
- Lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission authority if you have concerns about how we process your personal data
Last updated 16 December 2022