What we do
Blended online SEND courses for teachers and teaching assistants who support children with special educational needs. Each course provides an understanding of a different SEN or disability, together with practical, evidence-based strategies that you can start using immediately.
We also have courses on effective teaching and learning and managing behaviour that are not specific to learners with special educational needs.
Our courses are:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Effective Teaching & Learning
- Hearing Impairment
- Motor Coordination Difficulties
- Multi-Sensory Impairment
- Speech, Language and Communication Needs
- Understanding and Supporting Behaviour
- Vision Impairment
Why we do it
We believe that all children should be given the best chance in life. Our courses are designed to help you and your school improve learning outcomes for ALL children.
“Our vision for children with SEND is the same as for all children and young people – that they achieve well in their early years, at school and in college, and lead happy and fulfilled lives.
Foreword, SENDCoP 2015
How we do it
We work with SEND experts to create engaging, user-friendly online courses. These are then blended with online and direct tutor contact, for some human support and specialist guidance. This support can be provided by an OLT tutor or, where an organisation subscribes, those responsible for providing in-house specialist support.
How does it work?
- You, or your employer, purchase a place on a course
- We match you with a tutor
- You start your course
- Your tutor gets in touch to plan your progression through the course, and agree contact points
- When you’ve met the course requirements, your tutor issues you with a certificate of completion
If a school or local authority enrols a number of employees on a course, they can opt to have an in-house specialist provide tutor support. In this situation, the in-house specialist would complete the course(s) as a participant first, and take part in tutor training to prepare them for the role.
What does it cost?
A course costs £240 (incl. VAT)
- access to your online course for 12 months
- online support from a specialist tutor while you complete the course – typically up to 4 months
- one point of direct contact with your tutor (phone, Skype, facetime), which you’ll agree between you
An organisation purchasing places for a number of people might opt for more tutor contact, such as a group workshop, which would incur an additional charge to cover the tutor’s time and travel expenses.
Where an organisation has a trained in-house tutor, and the in-house tutor delivers the courses:
A course costs £120 (incl. VAT)
If you’d like to explore options, please get in touch.